Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Share Thread:
Hosting is forcing to use PHP 7* version, what should I do?
I have been on shared host for a long time. And this host provider of mine is not big name yet they deliver. So, far I was very happy with them. Until a plugin of my site requires the latest version of PHP to get installed. I submitted a ticket and they replied that they are not giving the option of latest PHP 8.2

So, currently I am stuck with 7* version. What should I do here?
Now here the question arises. That your host is not giving an option for just the latest version or they are just forcing you to use an older 7 version?

8.2 is quite recent and many shared hosts hasn't given that option.

If they are forcing you to use any specific version then just move away from that host.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sjda21's post:
  • evancr
No, actually the hosting company isn't allowing shared host users to use the latest version.

I can certainly use the 8.0 version. Reading my earlier post I see the mistake now.
Many companies doesn't allow the latest version even if it is a stable one for plenty of reasons.

Outdated OS or something isn't getting along with the latest version, can be both too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bm_fisher's post:
  • evancr