Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Share Thread:
Cloud Hosting or VPS for limited budget?
I need a VPS or a similar setup which can give me fair amount of independence. I need it to use some custom scripts. The only problem is that for this specific project I have very limited budget. I can only spend $20 per month.
I have been looking for VPS offers. But good ones with top notch service will require some more money.

So, should I keep looking or opt for anything else such as Cloud?
Go for Cloud. You will have full control and also you can pay as you use. Since you will be running custom scripts your requirements may increase or decrease in the future so in a Cloud you can adjust accordingly with ease.

But the main question here rises is that will be able to run a server all by yourself? It is not the same as shared hosting.
The thing is with VPS you can always scale up or scale down your plan. In the case of a VPS which will be fixed and you be told to upgrade if you needed anything else.

Many these days just go for Cloud. Yeah, sure it is not physically present in one machine but with today's security, nobody really cares.