Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - November 2019
(11-19-2019, 03:59 PM)harvee21 Wrote: Has anyone gained any traffic after this recent messy update?

Yeah, some of our odd niche sites. I am not saying that the traffic gained (which was also a little) stayed but it happened during or after the update.
(11-19-2019, 03:59 PM)harvee21 Wrote: Has anyone gained any traffic after this recent messy update?
No,Even I don't have much traffic for my 2 projects after this update.Waiting for recovering from this update.
(11-19-2019, 05:08 PM)lukejamie07 Wrote: No,Even I don't have much traffic for my 2 projects after this update.Waiting for recovering from this update.

@lukejamie07 What niche are you in?

Anyway, anyone seeing a huge surge in real time traffic today or saw yesterday?? Cause I saw some. They are not like the others. Real people visited the pages and I saw some engagement too. One of those pages have subscription forms so we got some subscribes and that's why I confirmed the traffic as real.

But the thing is total number of visitors in GA remained the same as they were before the visits. Does this mean GA is broken? Or, the engagement I saw wasn't real somehow?
[-] The following 2 users Like mediadrug's post:
  • elliekushn, retrobat
Today traffic is good. And SERP's are also showing relevant results. What happened? Did Google revert its algorithm?
Traffic is not back. But its not all bad too. Search traffic is back so kw's are ranking good. I am just wondering whether it will stay or not. Then again after seeing the recent updates I am sure it will fluctuate again.

@avinash Don't start celebrating yet.Tongue
There is a speculation going on other boards that if you can produce content where Google can put its ads on then you will rank better. Or, atleast if you have lost your rankings then they will certainly and eventually come back.

But still I am not seeing a single reason. Why forum posts about 10 to 15 years old are ranking far better than the most recent posts. Its not like that the content is being reproduced somehow or updated in another form or medium!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes vk_lord's post:
  • limbo
Quote:There is a speculation going on other boards that if you can produce content where Google can put its ads on then you will rank better. Or, atleast if you have lost your rankings then they will certainly and eventually come back.

hmmmm !!! I am noticing it too. It can be the case recently we produced videos that has links of those sites which I mentioned earlier are ranking.
SERP's are BS and more updates from Google are coming over.

And @mediadrug I noticed it too yesterday. Huge spikes in real time traffic. I thought they were bot generated.
(11-21-2019, 04:12 PM)mediamonster Wrote: SERP's are BS and more updates from Google are coming over.

And @mediadrug I noticed it too yesterday. Huge spikes in real time traffic. I thought they were bot generated.

Although today I haven't observed something like that.

From yesterday traffic may be less but its good. Real to the least. Cause getting sales.
I haven't given much of any thoughts regarding this updates. Because there so many in the last couple of months.

But this one hit a nerve. I lost a huge chunk of traffic. Absolutely no discover/news traffic for the last couple of days or specifically to speak after last Friday.