Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
When to use the Disavow tool of Google?
As I know that Google really doesn't care about the low quality links that we get to our sites. They just ignores them. Penalty is a very far fetched thing now-a-days.

So, I was just wondering in what case or when you guys consider to use the disavow tool anyway? Feel free to chime in with your opinions.
In my opinion, disavow tool is a tool that is only meant for experienced marketers and site owners.

A newbie or a site owner who is new if uses the tool then probably he or she will do more harm then good.

And coming to your question. Although I do not do these things myself. As I already have an expert. But I will say that I wouldn't consider using it unless I see a manual action penalty in my webmasters tool.

I hope this clears your query here.
I have never used it. Don't intend to use too. Unless I see some manual action penalty it has been suggested by my SEO provider so there is that.
If your website has toxic backlinks then use disavow tool to remove those backlinks. you can check your website toxic links in the Semrush tool.
(04-25-2019, 09:40 AM)frontierinternet Wrote: If your website has toxic backlinks then use disavow tool to remove those backlinks. you can check your website toxic links in the Semrush tool.

What toxic link are you talking about? Most of the low quality links get ignored by Google anyway.
(04-25-2019, 09:40 AM)frontierinternet Wrote: If your website has toxic backlinks then use disavow tool to remove those backlinks. you can check your website toxic links in the Semrush tool.

Disavow tool is not a toy. Its a very powerful tool. Using it without proper knowledge will only hurt yourself.
Google Disavow tool enables you to let the Google know about your low quality links, instruct to not to consider those links while evaluating the website on the basis of:
- Quality/quantity of backlinks
- Neighbor hood
When you think the backlink from a domain is harmful to your website, you can use disavow tool to remove the impact of those backlinks.
SmartScrapers is a data scraping services provider company.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smartscraper's post:
  • soleseriouss
The Disavow tool, which is part of Google Search Console (previously Webmaster Tools), allows websites to lower the value of inbound links, hence reducing the risk of link-based penalties.
If you came to know that your website spam score is increasing, you must analyze your backlinks relevancy and quality. And remove them using google webmaster.