Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Keyword cannibalization
Does anyone have a summary about keyword cannibalization?
[-] The following 1 user Likes saraacron's post:
  • annamoore
Keyword cannibalization happens when you have more than one page targeting your site's same keyword and intent!
hi  i am imran i think  the guy in the comment said right about keyword cannibalization
hi i am imran from ladakh travel mart i am a local travel agent from ladakh here we provide all types of tour packages in ladakh so visit us now and book your tour with us
(02-28-2023, 10:55 AM)soleseriouss Wrote: Keyword cannibalization happens when you have more than one page targeting your site's same keyword and intent!

exactly this type of situation on my site Sad

how I resolve it
Keyword cannibalization refers to a situation in which multiple pages of a website target the same or similar keywords, causing them to compete against each other in search engine results pages (SERPs). This can lead to confusion for search engines and users alike, and can result in lower rankings and traffic for all of the affected pages.

For example, if a website has multiple blog posts that target the keyword "best running shoes," each post will be competing against the others for the same keyword. This can cause Google to have difficulty determining which page to rank for the search term, and may result in lower rankings for all of the pages targeting that keyword.

To avoid keyword cannibalization, it's important to carefully plan and organize your website's content, ensuring that each page targets unique keywords and topics. You can also use tools like Google Search Console to identify and address instances of keyword cannibalization on your site.
eUKHost : Managed Web Hosting Provider
cPanel Web Hosting | Linux VPS Hosting | Secure Cloud Server Hosting
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wilsonjacob45's post:
  • saraacron
Keyword cannibalization is known as such because you’re “cannibalizing” your own results by splitting CTR, links, content, and (often) conversions between two pages that should be one.
(03-03-2023, 08:43 AM)Wilsonjacob45 Wrote: Keyword cannibalization refers to a situation in which multiple pages of a website target the same or similar keywords, causing them to compete against each other in search engine results pages (SERPs). This can lead to confusion for search engines and users alike, and can result in lower rankings and traffic for all of the affected pages.

For example, if a website has multiple blog posts that target the keyword "best running shoes," each post will be competing against the others for the same keyword. This can cause Google to have difficulty determining which page to rank for the search term, and may result in lower rankings for all of the pages targeting that keyword.

To avoid keyword cannibalization, it's important to carefully plan and organize your website's content, ensuring that each page targets unique keywords and topics. You can also use tools like Google Search Console to identify and address instances of keyword cannibalization on your site.

@Wilsonjacob45 thanks for guiding me Smile
Keyword cannibalization is when you use the same keyword or phrase multiple times on different pages of your website. This can hurt your SEO performance because the search engines become confused and don't know which page to rank. It's best to avoid keyword cannibalization as much as possible.
• Ultius: Top Dissertation Writing Services from Experienced Writers.
Search for "how to resolve keyword cannibalization" and you will get the step-by-step guides, it will help you resolve the issue.
(02-28-2023, 07:52 AM)saraacron Wrote: Does anyone have a summary about keyword cannibalization?

Yes, keyword cannibalization is a common issue that can occur in search engine optimization (SEO) when multiple pages on a website target the same or similar keywords. This can cause confusion for search engines, which may not know which page to rank for that keyword, and can also result in a lower overall ranking for the site.

To avoid keyword cannibalization, it's important to do proper keyword research and map out which pages on the site should target which keywords. This can involve using a variety of tools to identify high-value keywords and ensuring that each page on the site has a unique focus and purpose. For more information contact me on fmwhatsapp. I will do my best to guide you.